Thursday, February 13, 2014

down from 305 to 294 - 11 lbs lost so far.

How did I do it?  With the Lord's encouragement, I am counting calories and sticking to a daily calorie goal of 1775 calories per day.  Calculating the calories is fairly easy using the on line tool at www.myfitnesspal.com.  Another benefit of that website is there are many others there trying to lose weight, and we encourage each other, which helps quite a bit.  My goal is to reach 175 lbs., which would be a huge change for me.

The discipline of counting calories helps so much.  I stick to my plan, eat what is allowed based on the calorie count.  When I reach my allotted limit, I stop.  It seems easier now that I have a definite goal.  I've stopped all of the horrible foods that contributed so my to my weight gain--the candy, the ice cream, the cookies...

Losing 11 lbs is good, but I am not fooling myself into thinking the remaining 119 lbs will be easy.  My pattern in the past is to lose 10 - 20 lbs and then have a massive "cheat", followed by a loss of hope.  Then I gain everything back, plus more. LOL it sounds funny, but the flesh is weak.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment